Resolutions & A Dreamer's Reality
Can we talk about how crazy 2016 has been? Between what has been going on in the world as a whole, and all the craziness of our personal lives, it's safe to say most of us are ready for a new beginning with 2017.
I have grown so much in these past 12 months, and I thank you for following along and supporting me as I took risks, traveled around, and made some of my dreams a reality. And that's what hard work is all about, right? Those of us with big dreams can hope for nothing more than for our ambition to bring these dreams to life.
In March of 2016, I officially left full time work after only a year in the field to pursue my dream of running Ramblerose full time. Here I am, months later, and I have not gone back to the full time corporate world. Somehow my leap, my long hours, and my supplemental (and super fun!) freelance work with Little Miss Party has kept me afloat. I can't lie; I am proud of myself. There were many long hours where I thought I couldn't take it anymore, that I wasn't cut out to be an entrepreneur. I thought about applying to jobs. I cried wondering where my next step would lead me. I wondered if I would even be able to pay rent. But time went on, I figured it out, I CREATED, I supported myself, and took the steps I needed to bring my business to where it is now.
A true "soup to nuts" business, Ramblerose has become a story I am so proud to tell. I started with about $100 of supplies, an Etsy shop, and dedication to practicing my craft. Five years after its start, and only 2 years out of college, I'm a self-made entrepreneur, and I'm proud.
That being said, there are SO many people who have helped me get to where I am today. Big thanks goes out to:
•my parents, for advising me at every uncertain road
•Bobby, for helping me through the rough moments, drying my scared tears, and carrying all my heavy shit
•Stephanie Larsen, Andrea Leahy, Zi Nguyen, and Jules Leisinski for taking so many amazing photos I have used to advertise
•Amy Ly, for being the most understanding roommate while I sprawl my business all over our apartment
•Lauren Greene, Abby Copleston, Kelly Bryden, Emma Florian, Andrea Doyle, and Colleen Murphy for helping me sell jewelry at shows all over the place!
•Seri Kertzner for being a generous and amazing role model, business woman, and supportive boss- I have never felt so appreciated for my creativity than when I am with her!
•Christina Nance for being a TOP NOTCH buyer and friend
•The whole American field team for all their hard work and support at every show
•Louise Anderson for being an amazing friend, an inspiring human, my host in Vietnam, and for the words of wisdom in all things related to digital marketing- Love you!
•Kristina Crowley, James Scanlan, Hannah Young, Dian Mak, and Jennie Ross for their participation in my fall photoshoot
•Luke Haag, Lauren Markarian, Emma Florian, Abby Zwierzchowski, and Riley Vacinek for helping make a killer Ramblerose brand video
Everyone else who I forgot to mention- you rock and I love you. Thanks for EVERYTHING!
Now, onto the resolutions! Everyone sets goals at this time of year, and I've already put some into motion so I can be prepared for everything 2017 has in store for me.
1. RINGS: I want to add rings to the Ramblerose line this year after having so many requests for them this year.
2. NEW JEWELRY TECHINIQUES: Electroplating, beading, leather fringe and gemstone settings are all on my to-do list for learning and perfecting my skills.
3. PERSONAL HEALTH: I know it's cliché, but it's definitely on my list this year. I used to be very diligent about what I ate and how often I exercised, but in the craziness of this year's travel, I totally fell out of routine. Between rock climbing, skiing, and signing up for new races, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.
4. BLOGGING: I've been trying really hard to blog regularly, but I haven't quite gotten into a regular routine. Share your ideas with what you want to see! Business endeavors, fashion, jewelry tips, travel? You name it, I'll talk about it!
5. WHOLESALE: Getting Ramblerose into boutiques all around the country is a huge goal for this year! If you know any great places, send me some info. I'm always hoping to bring Ramblerose to stores near all my customers.
I'm sure the list will expand as time goes on. But for now, I can't wait to get start on 2017!
Thank you again, everyone! Cheers to the new year!